Bacon is a good source of energy for the day.
It was believe that bacon is greasy and fattening. The truth however, is that bacon contains many healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. Bacon is good for you!
Let’s eat bacon!
- 8 slices of uncooked bacon slices
- 3 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 tablespoons roasted almond crushed (or home-made granola)
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
- 6 big leaves of fresh romaine lettuce chopped
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat a wide skillet with medium heat and place bacon slices onto pan. Cook bacon in the pan with low heat until one side is lightly brown. Turn bacon a couple of times and cook till crispy. When ready, place bacon on paper towel and set aside.
- While cooking bacon, wash and spin dry lettuce. Place lettuce onto 2 serving plates and lay cooked bacon on the lettuce. Place sliced strawberry around bacon, sprinkle with almond and feta cheese crumbles. Sprinkle ground black pepper on to salad and ready to serve.
- Before eating, drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Each serving contains 10.7g total carbs, 6.7g net carbs, 20.4g protein and 94.8g fat.
Tip: Bacon grease is good grease for braising meat when roasting or grilling. Let bacon grease cool down in pan, keep it in airtight container and refrigerate for the next time to grill meat or poultry.
Share this with your friends!