Bread, bread, who doesn’t like to eat bread especially those that just freshly baked.
For Ketogenic living, we can also eat bread. But not the regular starch filled, blood glucose and insulin spike type of bread.
This Keto Power bread will give you the satisfaction to eat as a breakfast, or as a side dish with your regular low carb high fat and adequate amount of protein meal.
Here is how I make my keto power bread.
First I separate the whites and yolks of 6 fresh farm eggs, into two bowls. In a bowl with the egg whites, beat it till stiff peak is formed.
In the other bowl with the egg yolk, mix together with the collagen powder (good for your skin!), whey protein powder and fine salt. Below is the whey protein powder and collagen powder I used.
I prefer to add collagen powder for personal beauty boost purpose. I have been using 1-2 teaspoons of this ReserveAge Collagen Replenish powder for many years and I find that it helps to keep my complexion firm and clear 😀 (just a little beauty tips!). You can buy it here at iHerb.com. Or you may chose to skip it.
Gently fold the stiffed peak beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture, in batches, until all are incorprated. Pour mixture into a butter greased baking loaf pan. This is how the batter look like.
And bake in the pre-heated oven at 325F (163C) until a wooden skewer pierced into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 30 minutes depending on your oven.
After 20 mins this is how it looks like. I checked it with a wooden skewer, it was a little bit wet, so I let it continue to bake for another 5 minutes.
It took me only 25 minutes of baking time at a higher elevation. You may need to bake for 30-35 minutes depending on your oven and your elevation from sea level.
After letting it cool off in the pan, remove the loaf of bread onto a plate. I think it look beautiful! 🙂
When the loaf of bread came out fresh from the oven, the outside was crusty and inside was soft and fluffy.
We ate each bite with a generous spread of soften delicious Amish Roll butter from Minerva Dairy.
The next day I used the sliced of bread to make French toast. Dip the slice of bread in beaten egg add with a pinch of salt. And pan fry it with Amish Roll butter (of course!). And served it as a sides with our dinner.
Guess what? We spread on more butter on the French toast.
Here is the recipe:
- 6 fresh farm eggs, separate the yolks and whites
- 2 tablespoons collagen powder (optional)
- ½ cup whey protein powder
- ½ teaspoons fine salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325F (163C). Remove the top layer of shelf in the oven.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites till stiff peak is formed. In a second bowl, mix egg yolks and the rest of the ingredients together.
- Gently fold beaten egg whites into the egg yolks mixture, in batches until all are incorprated. Pour mixture into a butter greased baking loaf pan and bake in the pre-heated oven until a wooden skewer pierced into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 30 minutes depending on your oven.
- It took me only 25 minutes of baking time at a higher elevation. When the loaf of bread came out fresh from the oven, the outside was crusty and inside was soft and fluffy. We ate each bite with a generous spread of soft butter.
Each slice contains 0.3 grams total carb, 0.3 grams net carb, 6.5 g protein and 2.5 g fat.
Share this with your friends!