The original recipe came from Franziska Spritzler’s book ‘The Low Carb Dietitian’s Guide to Health and Beauty’. This crustless cheesecake is the first recipe I picked to try.
I thought adding lemon juice in it would create a zing to the flavor, and it was tasty!
I combine the soften cream cheese, xylitol or erythritol sweetener, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a mixer. Add the lemon juice and mix a little more till cheese is soft and fluffy.
In a second bowl, whip heavy cream just until soft peaks. And gently fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Use rubber spatula to spoon mixture into ramekins, or a glass dish.
Let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or when ever you are ready to serve. That’s it!
I tried the recipe twice over two weeks for both dinner parties at home. I told my friends that they will be the taster of this recipe. 🙂 The first trial, I follow exactly the instructions in the recipe. Garnish with a raspberry on top and a sprinkle of my homemade granola to serve. It was so creamy with a little crunch from the granola. My friends couldn’t believe this dessert is low carb! Everyone love it!
The second time I tried it with the lemon juice and garnish with lemon rind before serving. It was creamy with a lemony taste, delicious! I prefer this one.
Watch how I make this on YouTube here. Coming soon!
Here is the recipe
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese, soften
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup xylitol or erythritol sweetener
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Lemon rind, for garnish
- Combine cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla extract in bowl. Mix well with a mixer.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to mix till cheese is light and fluffy.
- In separate bowl, whip heavy cream until soft peaks. Gently fold whipped cream into the cheese mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 ramekins or a glass dish. Garnish with lemon rind and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
Each serving contain 5.5 g total carbs, 5.5 g net carbs, 2 g protein and 18g fat.
Share this with your friends!