This recipe came from Franziska Spritzler’s book ‘The Low Carb Dietitian’s Guide to Health and Beauty’. Besides the many insights on how to eat healthy and staying beautiful for women, there are many enticing and easy to prepare low carb recipes in the book. This crustless cheesecake is the first recipe I picked to try.
I combine the soften cream cheese, xylitol, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix well with a handheld electric mixer. In a second bowl, whip heavy cream just until it forms soft peaks. And gently fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Use rubber spatula to spoon mixture into ramekins, a 9-inch cake pan, or a glass dish. Cover directly with plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. That’s it!
I tried this recipe twice over two weeks for both dinner parties at home. I told my friends that they will be the taster of this recipe. 🙂 The first trial, I follow exactly the instructions in the recipe. Garnish with a raspberry on top and a sprinkle of my homemade granola to serve. It was so creamy with a little crunch from the granola. My friends couldn’t believe this dessert is low carb! Everyone love it!
The second time I tried this recipe, I mixed lemon juice into the cheesecake and garnish with lemon rind before serving. It was creamy with a lemony taste, delicious!
Below is the original recipe from Franziska Spritzler’s book.
For more recipes get the book here.
- 16 oz (450g) cream cheese, soften
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetener equivalent to ½ cup sugar
- 8 oz (240g) heavy whipping cream
- Combine cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla extract in bowl. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, whip heavy cream just until it forms soft peaks. Gently fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Use rubber spatula to spoon mixture into a 9-inch cake pan or a glass dish. Place plastic wrap over pan and place in refrigerator. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Each serving contain 3 g total carbs, 3 g net carbs, 3 g protein and 18g fat.
Share this with your friends!